Today I’m sharing a simple dessert that looks and tastes pretty fantastic. These Mini Oreo Cheesecake are amazing served in an elegant glass at a dinner party. Happily, they’re just as at home in these plastic wine tasting glasses.
Given the weather is warming up, I feel we may be at the beginning of barbecue season. I love socialising! It’s such fun to get together with friends, have a glass of wine and enjoy a catch up. The traditional Australian “bring a plate” routine makes things easier on the hostess and gives guests a chance to make something a little special.
In the past I have made so many different flavoured desserts in these handy single serve cups. Take a look at some of these yummy options;
Being an individual serve dessert makes things nice and easy. The Mini Oreo Cheesecake dessert tray is simply placed at the end of the table and guests can serve themselves when they’re ready. There isn’t a pie that needs cutting and you don’t need to worry about a dish that doesn’t return home, everything is disposable.
Recently I made 80 mini Oreo cheesecakes to serve at my father’s 70th birthday. Thankfully they were really quick to make. I set up a mini production line in my kitchen and before I knew it, I had the cheesecakes finished and in the fridge. It was an awesome night!
Plus, at dessert time I didn’t need to lift a finger!
- 250 g oreo cookies
- 1 1/2 tsp gelatine
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 250 gm Oreo cookies
- 500 g cream cheese at room temp
- 395 g can NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup double cream 125mL
- 1 cup NESTLÉ Dark Melts 150g
- 1/4 cup double cream
- 200 ml whipping cream
- 1 TBS icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 30 mini oreos
- Place serving glasses or mini wine testers on a tray. (This will make moving them in & out of the fridge easier.
- Place 250gm original oreo's in the TM. Crumb 5sec/speed 9. Repeat until crumb is formed.
- Add an even layer of crumb to the bottom of each serving glass or wine taster plastic glass.
- Dissolve the gelatine in hot water and reserve for later.
- Place the second packet of oreos in the TM.Crumb 5sec/speed 9. Reserve in a bowl for later.
- Add the cream cheese condensed milk and vanilla to the TM. Mix 30 sec/speed7. Repeat if the cheesecake mixture isn't completely smooth.
- Add the gelatine to the cheesecake mixture. Combine 10sec/speed6.
- Gently mix the 1/2 cup of cream through the cheesecake with the reserved crumbed Oreo. 5 sec/ speed 3.
- Place the mixture into a large piping bag and pipe the cheese cake filling into the serving glasses.
- Refrigerate the cheesecakes.
Chocolate Ganache Layer
- Place the chocolate and cream into a microwave safe container. Melt in 30 second bursts stirring in between.
- Once the ganache is smooth, chillon the bench until the chocolate reaches room temperature.
- Place the ganache in a piping bag.
- Pipe a layer of chocolate over the cheesecake layer.
- Return the cheesecakes to the fridge.
- Pour cream, vanilla and icing sugar in a bowl.
- Use a stick blender to whip the mixture.
- Place the cream in a piping bag.
- Pipe the cream onto the cheesecake and add an oreo to the top.
- Place the dessert back in the fridge until serving time.
I’ve added a pin to the story so you can save this idea for later. Thanks for stopping by.