The flavours and aromas of this low-carb, guilt free Indian Boiled Egg Curry will not only fit in with any low carb diet but it’s also vegetarian.
Loaded with healthy fats and protein this delicious Indian Egg Curry is enough for the most stringent of healthy eaters as well as everyone else at the Dinner Table.
Low Carb Indian Boiled Egg Curry
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 1 Small Onion Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic Roughly Chopped
- 1 Serano Chilli Pepper Roughly Chopped
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Ground
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Ground
- 1/2 tsp Coriander
- 1/4 Cup Tomato Puree
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 8 Boiled Eggs peeled
- 2 Cups Green Beans
- 400 grams Coconut Cream
- 1 tsp Almond flakes
- 1 tsp Cilantro
- Place a mid-sized saucepan on the stove over medium heat.
- Melt two tablespoons of ghee in your saucepan. Add the garlic, chilli and diced onion then saute until the onion becomes clear (loses its colour).
- Turn the stove down to low and add the ginger, coriander, turmeric, cumin and garam masala. Gently cook until fragrant (around five mins).
- Mix in tomato puree, pepper and salt and cook for a further two mins.
- Pour in the coconut cream then simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the curry simmers put the rest of the ghee in a frying pan over medium heat.
- When the ghee is hot add the boiled eggs and gently fry until the outsides of the eggs are crisp and golden.
- Put the crispy eggs into the curry with green beans and simmer low for 10 minutes.
- Serve the curry over a cauliflower rice to keep the dish low-carb and garnish with almond flakes and cilantro.