When you’re a mum, there are some recipes you tend to make more regularly than others. The reason for this is because you know the family loves them, which will result in a fuss free mealtime. This recipe is one of those! I’ve made this slice off and on for more than 20 years! Now that I have a Thermomix it’s even easier to make! The recipe I’m sharing is my Thermomix Zucchini Slice.
If you’re looking for a non Thermomix recipe for Zucchini Slice, I originally published the recipe on Gourmet Getaways in December 2010, and I’ve included the link above.
I have four children, two in their 20’s and two that are pre-teen. All my children SMASHED this dish as kids. Even the fussy ones didn’t notice the zucchini. You really can’t taste the zucchini at all. My Thermomix Zucchini Slice tastes more like a cheesy bacon quiche, without the egginess of a quiche. Is “egginess a word? Spell check doesn’t like it!
Anyway, I bet this will become one of your new favourite Thermomix recipes. It’s too easy and too tasty not to love it! Oh, and the smell as it cooks is insane!
Thermomix Zucchini Slice
- 550 gm Zucchini
- 220 gm Onion
- 250 gm Bacon
- 200 gm Cheese block
- 1 cup SR Flour
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 5 Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Line 2 slice trays with baking paper.
- 1/4 the onion, zucchini and block cheese.
- Add the onion to the TM bowl 3sec/speed 7.
- Remove the onion from the TM bowl and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the zucchini to the TM bowl 3sec/speed 5.
- Remove the zucchini from the TM bowl and place in with the onion.
- Squeeze the excess liquid from the onion and zucchini.
- Add the bacon to the TM bowl 3sec/speed 5.
- Remove the bacon from the TM bowl and place in with the onion and zucchini.
- Add cheese to the TM bowl 2 sec/speed 5.
- Remove the cheese from the TM bowl and place in with the onion, bacon and zucchini.
- Crack the eggs into the zucchini mixture, add the flour and oil. Stir by hand until just combined.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until the slice is golden and feels cooked through when pressed in the centre.
- The slice can be eaten hot or cold.
- *NOTE There is no need to clean the TM bowl between each ingredient.
It’s getting near the end of school term. I decided to make the Thermomix Zucchini Slice today so the kids could have easy, tasty school lunches for next week. I remember how dreary my lunch used to seem by the time it got to the end of
I remember how dreary my lunch used to seem by the time it got to the end of term. Just eating the same sandwiches each day is a special kind of torture. So I thought this might make a pleasant change for the kids.
This recipe usually makes two slice trays. I made one slice tray and six zucchini mini loaves. The mini loaves will go to school with the kids… if I don’t eat them first.
Have you tried this slice before? It was super popular in the 80’s! I hope you enjoy the Thermomix Zucchini Slice version.