Chocolate and Coffee are two ingredients that compliment each other very well. What could be better than Mocha Macadamia Double Chocolate Brownies!
I love my morning cup of coffee but this challenge was a difficult one. I am the only household member who is addicted to the coffee and I certainly didn’t want to be eating all the baked treats on my own!
Then I remembered how everyone loves my brownies and I decided I would adapt my double choc brownie recipe for the challenge.
I am pleased to report that it was a complete success. The brownies were delicious, I now have an empty cake platter and my waistline is intact.
Mocha Macadamia Double Chocolate Brownies
- 2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 250gm butter
- 75gm dark chocolate (melted)
- 300gm dark chocolate (melted)
- 1/2 cup Nestle Condensed Milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 t/s vanilla
- 200gm macadamia halves
- 100gm dark chocolate bits
- 1 t/s instant coffee.
- Preheat oven to 180.
- Line a brownie tray with grease proof paper.
- Process the dry ingredients for the base in your food processor with the butter, until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the melted chocolate and pulse until it has combined and made a chocolate dough.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan and bake for 20 mins.
- Melt the 300gm chocolate with condensed milk.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool a little before stirring through the coffee, nuts, vanilla and eggs.
- Add the chocolate bits and spread the mixture over the base.
- Return the brownie to the oven and bake for 15mins or until set.
- Cool in the tin and cut into squares.
Do you love brownies why not try all the brownies that Gourmet Getaways has to offer, click here.