You may remember last week I promised to share more Quick and Healthy recipes. Last week I showed you my Fish Pie. Today I am giving you a super tasty Miso Glazed Chicken dish. My Miso Glazed Chicken is so quick and simple to make, but it tastes amazing!
When I make this dish I usually buy extra chicken thigh fillets so I have leftovers for lunches.
The miso glaze is made by combining just a few ingredients including white miso paste, cooking sake, and mirin. Then it’s simply a matter of allowing the chicken to marinade in the glaze.
The chicken can be marinated for a day, overnight, or in the freezer for a month! This means it’s the type of dish you could easily prep well in advance.
Alternatively, you could simply prepare the marinade the night before or even in the morning before work. When you come home just throw the chicken in the oven and put some rice in a rice cooker. Dinner is done!
For a simple dish, the flavor is amazing. It honestly compares well to similar dishes we enjoyed when we were holidaying in Japan. The glaze gives a sweet and salty flavor to the chicken.
Miso Glazed Chicken - Quick & Healthy Dinner Recipe
- 2/3 cup white miso
- 2/3 cup sake wine
- 2/3 cup mirin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1.2 kg chicken thigh fillets
- 3 scallions chopped
- 2 tsp sesame seeds toasted
- Add the white miso, sake, minim, brown sugar and garlic to a saucepan.
- Cook over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved and the miso is fully incorporated into the glaze.
- Take the glaze off the heat and allow it to cool.
- Arrange the chicken thigh fillets in a container.
- Pour 2/3 of the cooled glaze over the chicken.
- Ensure that all the chicken is covered by the glaze.
- Place a lid on the container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180C/ 355F.
- Place the chicken in a roasting tray allowing space between each fillet.
- Prepare the reserved glaze by heating it in a saucepan over low heat with the scallions.
- Cook the chicken for 15 minutes.
- Brush the chicken with the heated reserved glaze and return the chicken to the oven.
- After another 5 minutes brush the chicken with more glaze.
- Continue cooking until the chicken in browned and cooked through. Cooking time will depend on the size of your thigh fillets.
- Brush the remaining glaze over the chicken and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve the dish with rice and sauteed pak choy.
There you have it, a complete weeknight meal. Best of all this dish can be on the table in 30 minutes. That’s a win!
To make a larger batch of this Miso Glazed Chicken recipe adjust the servings above.