Lime and Coriander Compound Butter is Super Simple to make
But don’t let the straightforwardness of this recipe throw you off this Lime and Coriander compound butter will turn a bland fish dish or chicken dinner into a party in your mouth.
This compound butter is a simple four-ingredient recipe consisting only of:
- Coriander (Cilantro)
Serve it in the middle of the table as a condiment for your guests to add the flavour to their meal themselves.
Lime and Coriander Compound Butter goes perfectly with:
- Melted over steak
- Roast and Barbeque chicken
- Spit roasts
- BBQ Lamb and roasts
- Baked and grilled fish dishes
Compound butter can be made well ahead of time and keep well in the refrigerator so that you can keep them onm hand for those times you need some added flavour in your meal.
Coriander and Lime Compound Butter
- 6 tbsp Coriander Chopped fine
- 2 whole Limes juiced and zested
- 500 g Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Put butter somewhere outside of fridge to soften to a consistency where it is not melted but kneadable. This will vary depending on location, time of year (climate).
- Put all of the ingredients; lime juice, lime zest, coriander and salt a mix well.
- Spoon your mixed ingredients into a sheet of cling wrap and roll it into a log about the thickness of a rolling pin.
- Put in the fridge to set.
- To serve, unwrap and slice into disks to be served.
If you want a larger batch of Lime and Coriander compound butter, just adjust the servings amount in the recipe card. Enjoy!