We are having Chicken Tonight! Butter Chicken Sausage Rolls that is!
Do you just want to hibernate indoors and eat simple, comfort foods in winter? I know I do! Having some quick meal options in the pantry is a big help on cold nights.
They are also very versatile. I’ve been creating a few recipe ideas I would like to share with readers.
The first is a “State of Origin” snack that doubles as a meal. For those who don’t know, State of Origin is an Australia Rugby League competition where NSW plays QLD for the title of “State of Origin” (of the rugby league game). State of Origin falls on a week night so I knew I wouldn’t have much time to prepare a meal before the game.
We also tend to have a few people over to watch the game which means catering for the menfolk. After my poker night “faux pas” (trying to serve a decadent dessert on poker night) I was trying to come up with a quick “man food” which would get the nod from hubby.
Indian Butter Chicken Sausage Rolls
Butter Chicken Sausage Rolls
- 1 Jar Chicken Tonight “Indian Butter Chicken”
- 2 tsp garlic granules
- 1 finely diced onion
- 500 gm minced chicken breast
- 420 gm grated dryslaw mixture
- 4 Puff Pastry Sheets
- 2 Tbs milk
- 2 Tbs sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Bring the puff pastry sheets to room temperature.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken tonight Indian butter chicken sauce and the mince. Stir until completely combined.
- Add the onion, garlic and dry slaw mixture to chicken and stir until evenly mixed.
- Cut each of the puff pastry sheets in half.
- Add a line of the chicken mixture along one edge of each of the pastry strips.
- Roll the pastry into a sausage roll and place onto the oven tray. Ensure the pastry join is to the bottom of the tray.
- Brush the pastries with milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
- Cook for approx 20 minutes or until golden.
I don’t know about your family, but for mine, if it’s rolled in puff pastry it’s a winner.
The Chicken Tonight Indian Butter Chicken Sauce delivers all the flavour to the sausages rolls. Using lean chicken breast mince and prepared coleslaw gives my family all they need for a quick balanced meal.