These Garlic Chicken Wings are so easy to make and probably one of the most affordable meat dishes around.
A lot of chicken wing recipes, especially the crispy ones require a deep fryer, but not our garlic chicken wings. The secret to these
The secret to the crispiness and flavour to this chicken recipe is the use of tallow as the cooking oil.
Tallow is simply beef or mutton fat.
Tallow is ideal because it has a very high smoke point (you can heat it to high temperatures without burning)
For this particular recipe we use:
- Tallow to fry in
- Garlic Powder
- A few slices of lemon to serve
They make the perfect party food, entree or to serve on the side.
Garlic Chicken Wings - Pan Fried - Cheap and Easy!
- Place the wings in a bowl and add the garlic powder, salt and pepper, mix and coat the chicken wings then allow to sit for 15 minutes
- Place half the Tallow in a large non-stick frying pan and melt on a high hear
- Add the marinated wings to the tallow and fry for 5 minutes
- Turn the wings over, put a lid on the pan and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Take the lid off and turn the wings once more cooking until golden brown 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and serve with lemon wedges, garnish with parsley if you wish.
If you’re catering to more or fewer people, simply adjust the servings amount in the Crispy Garlic Chicken Wings recipe card.