I promised I would do a post-Christmas recipe series which would feature some delicious low-calorie meal options. This one is a Healthy Crunchy Asian Pork Salad!
The first low calorie recipe was from Michelle Bridges “No Excuses” Cookbook, Indian Spiced Chicken.
Today’s offering is a huge, tasty dish that I am sure you will love! It is filling, healthy, low fat, low carb and gluten free.
With a total calorie count of a tiny 325 calories per serving.
Let me know what you think.
Asian Pork Salad
- 1 wombok (Chinese cabbage, shredded)
- 1 bunch coriander (chopped roughly)
- 1 Lebanese cucumber (sliced)
- 1 green chilli (chopped finely)
- 250gm bean sprouts
- 1 red onion (sliced thinly)
- 700gm lean heart smart pork
- ½ cup lime juice
- 4 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 4 tsp palm sugar
- Place all the salad items in a bowl and toss to combine. Divide the mixture amongst four large bento boxes.
- Place the pork in a saucepan with two cups of water. Use a fork to break up the meat prior to turning on the heat. Heat the pork and allow the meat to poach until cooked stirring periodically.
- Drain the pork and reserve for the top of the salad.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Share the pork and dressing amongst the four bento boxes.
How many readers have decided to make 2013 a healthy eating year. Perhaps you have used your new years resolution to aim for some weight loss. Let me know what you are doing to achieve your goals.