Woops… I have had a little mishap. I accidentally deleted all the photo’s for the “how to” of this delicious meal. Trouble is, the Garlic Prawn Fettuccini tasted so delicious I really had to share it with you anyway.
It is a super quick dish to make which I thought was ideal for this time of year. I know our household gets very busy leading up to Christmas, so I am always happy for a quick fresh dish.
Can I also be a bit cheeky and say that the rocket, shallot and basil were all from my garden so it was straight from the garden to plate. Beautifully fresh!
Marinated Feta & Garlic Prawn Fettuccini
- 300gm garlic green prawns
- 3 shallots chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bunch basil
- 300gm jar of marinated feta*
- ¼ bag rocket leaves
- 1 lemon
- 375gm Fettuccini
- On a serving platter place a bed of rocket leaves.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil for the fettuccini. Add the fettuccini when boiling, and cook until al dente.
- Drain the marinated feta from the oil and reserve the oil for later use.
- When the fettuccini is almost cooked, sauté the shallot and garlic in the oil reserved from the marinated feta in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add the prawns to the shallots and cook briefly until they are just coloured. Turn off the heat to the prawns, and add the basil leaves, stir through.
- Drain the pasta and return the fettuccini to the cooking pot.
- Pour over the garlic prawn and herb mixture and stir though briefly. Add half of the feta and mix.
- Place the pasta on the bed of rocket and add the remaining feta to the mixture.
- Squeeze some lemon over the dish and serve with extra wedges of lemon.
* The marinated feta I used was the High Valley marinated Chili & Feta from Mudgee. The chili added a gorgeous taste to the dish so I would recommend this brand, or else sauté two birds eye chilies whilst sautéing the shallot.